Receive timely updates.
Motorcycle and Scooter Ride To Work Day
Media Release: For immediate use
Subject: Motorcycle and Scooter Ride To Work Day
Largest Ever Ride To Work Day Expected
Monday, June 15, 2009
The 18th Annual Ride To Work Day is a month away, and this year the weaker economy is causing many commuters to turn to motorcycles and scooters to save money on transportation. These new everyday riders are finding cycles and scooters to be an economical, efficient and enjoyable way to get to work and around town. Because of the world-wide depression, this year is expected to be the largest Ride to Work Day demonstration ever, according to Ride to Work, a non-profit organization
According to the United States Census Bureau and the Department of Transportation, over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting on American roads, and about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a regular part of this mix. On Ride To Work Day, the practical side of riding becomes more visible as a larger number of America's 8,000,000 cycles are ridden to work.
Ride to Work Day helps demonstrate how these vehicles make parking easier and help traffic flow better. Studies have shown that across equal distances, commuting motorcyclists reach their destinations in less time than those using automobiles, that motorcycles and scooters consume less resources per mile than automobiles, and that they take up less space on roads. Motorcycle and scooter riders seek improved employer recognition and support for this form of transportation, and more public and government awareness of the positive value of riding.
Changes to the Ride To Work website include new forum areas, and additional free promotional support materials.
- Contact Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available at:
©2009 Ride To Work