Receive timely updates.
Ride To Work Day 2007
Subject: Ride to Work Day
Today, hundreds of thousands of motorcycles and scooters will descend on workplaces across the country as part of Ride to Work Day, a popular annual commuting event for riders. Ride to Work Day has grown to include hundreds of thousands of motorcyclists worldwide who believe that riding to work en masse on a single, focused day will demonstrate the positive social, environmental and economic impact of motorcycles and scooters. The event is promoted by many motorcycling groups and organizations, and is led by Ride To Work, a non-profit advocacy effort.
Participation in the yearly demonstration is estimated to triple the number of riders on the road and save tens of thousands of gallons of gasoline. Riders say adding more motorcycles and scooters to the daily commute helps make urban parking easier and traffic flow better. "For many people, riding is a socially responsible form of mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of other public benefits," stated Andy Goldfine, the organizer.
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Goldfine email@example.com
- Ride to Work Day Mission Statement:
- To advocate and support the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and to provide information about transportation riding to the public.
- Affiliated Ride to Work Day Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- RTW Day Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available for view and download at: