Receive timely updates.
Ride To Work Day 2010
Media Release: For Immediate Publication
Subject: Motorcycle and Scooter Ride To Work Day
Largest Annual Motorcycle and Scooter Ride To Work Day Expected on Monday, June 21st, 2010
This year more riders are finding cycles and scooters to be an economical, efficient and fun way to commute. Because of this, the 19th annual worldwide Ride to Work Day is expected to be one of the largest-ever, according to Ride to Work, the non-profit organization that coordinates this annual event.
In the United States, over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting, and about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a regular part of this mix. On Ride to Work Day, the practical side of riding becomes more visible as a large number of America's 8,000,000 cycles and scooters are ridden to work.
Ride to Work Day helps demonstrate how these vehicles make parking easier and help traffic flow better. Studies have shown that across equal distances, commuting motorcyclists reach their destinations in less time than those using automobiles, and that motorcycles and scooters consume less resources per mile, and that they take up less space on roads.
Motorcycle and scooter riders seek improved employer recognition and support for this form of transportation, and more public and government awareness of the positive value of riding.
- Contact Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Goldfine email@example.com
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available at:
©2009 Ride To Work