Receive timely updates.
Ride To Work Day 2010 Mayoral Letter
April 20, 2010
This year the 19th annual Motorcycle and Scooter Ride to Work Day is Monday, June 21st. On this day over a million workers will commute via motorcycles and scooters to demonstrate the efficiency and other positive benefits of these vehicles.
Your administration and city can support and encourage this popular grass-roots event by issuing an official proclamation. To encourage riding, some cities also announce that on this day motorcycles and scooters may park at municipal ramps and metered spaces without charge. Your city will be joining hundreds of cities, groups and organizations worldwide already supporting the annual Ride to Work Day.
Studies have shown the public benefits of riding are substantial, and include:
- Motorcycles and scooters make more spaces for everyone else, because several fit in each space.
- Motorcycles and scooters consume far less resources per mile than most other mobility technologies.
- Motorcycles and scooters reduce traffic congestion and save travel time.
- Riding is fun and helps make people more alert and engaged.
On an average weekday over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting on American roads, and only about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a part of this mix. On Ride to Work Day the practical side of riding becomes more visible because a large number of America’s 8,000,000 cycles are ridden to work.
Motorcycle and scooter riders seek both government and employer support for riding's broad benefits. Over 100 American cities have already proclaimed support for Ride to Work Day (See www.ridetowork.org for a list and .pdf's of the proclamations.) Providing free motorcycle and scooter parking on Ride to Work Day is a popular way to showcase this highly beneficial form of transportation.
We appreciate your support.
Ride To Work Day organizer
- Contact Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Goldfine email@example.com
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available at:
©2009 Ride To Work