Receive timely updates.
Ride To Work Day is July 16, 2008
Press Release: For immediate publication
Subject: Ride To Work Day
Motorcycle and Scooter Ride To Work Day is Wednesday, July 16, 2008
This year's seventeenth annual motorcycle and scooter commuting demonstration will increase the number of riders on the road, according to Ride to Work, a non-profit advocacy organization. "Riding to work on this day shows the positive value of motorcycles and scooters for transportation. For many people, riding is an economical, efficient and socially responsible form of mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of other public benefits," states Andy Goldfine, the event organizer. Motorcycle and scooter enthusiasts and rider organizations worldwide encourage their members to ride to work on this day.
According to the United States Census Bureau and the Department of Transportation, over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting on American roads, and about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a regular part of this mix. On Ride To Work Day, the practical side of riding becomes more visible as a larger number of America's 8,000,000 cycles are ridden to work.
Ride to Work Day helps demonstrate how these vehicles make parking easier and help traffic flow better. Studies have shown that across equal distances, commuting motorcyclists reach their destinations in less time than those using automobiles, that motorcycles and scooters consume less resources per mile than automobiles, and that they take up less space on roads. Motorcycle and scooter riders seek improved employer recognition and support for this form of transportation, and more public and government awareness of the positive value of riding.
- All 2008 RTW ad's are available as digital image files at http://www.ridetowork.org/ride-to-work-day-ads
- More information on RTW day is available at the expanded Ride to Work Day website: http://www.ridetowork.org
- For additional information or questions please contact Andy Goldfine firstname.lastname@example.org or Christine Holt email@example.com
Ride to Work
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Goldfine email@example.com
- Ride to Work Day Mission Statement:
- To advocate and support the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and to provide information about transportation riding to the public.
- Affiliated Ride to Work Day Countries:
- Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- RTW Day Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, illustrations and other artwork is available for view and download at: